It’s true, I haven’t worked out in a week and a half. I know, someone should call the exercise police! I am once again stuck in a rut. Going to New York for a week always does it to me. I’m crazy busy while I’m there, and then I’m too anxious about my lost capabilities when I get back. It’s silly. I’ve decided to do 2 things to snap out of it:
1. A non-negotiable 5 minutes of exercise every morning. 5 minutes! No excuses. Is that good for anything, you ask? Plenty. It gets my mind in the right place, and gets my body active. Here was this morning’s 5 minute workout:
- Minute 1: Standing push-ups. I put my hands on the kitchen counter, and leaned my body in bending at the elbows, then pushed away by straightening them.
- Minute 2: Jogging in place. simple yet effective.
- Minute 3: Jumping jacks
- Minute 4: Hold a jar of tomato sauce in both hands. Start with arms straight at sides. Then come up into a bicep curl, and then lift both arms straight up overhead. Bring back down to shoulders, then back down to sides. Repeat.
- Minute 5: Jumping jacks
- BONUS! Minute 6-7: Roll your head in circles to loosen up your neck, and stretch out your arms by reaching to the sky while rolling your wrists. Reach down as far as you can to either touch your knees, calves, or toes.
2. I’ve decided to get a fitness coach from Fit Steady. The idea of having a fitness coach give me a customized plan to help me reach my goals, and meet with me every 2 weeks to workout & keep me on track sounds WONDERFUL. Where has this been all my life? I’m matched up with Alex, and I’m PUMPED to get started. A little help is just the ticket. I guess this could be considered a shameless plug for my business, but I’m also very serious. I need this right now.
In addition to exercise, I’ve been trying to incorporate more fruits & veggies into my daily eats. This week’s goal has been to use up all our fresh produce before it goes bad! We have 5 zucchinis, and I’ve been throwing them in my eggs in the morning with a wee bit of peppers & pepperoni. I’m talking like 1 ounce of pepperoni cut into really small pieces. It makes the eggs taste AMAZING, and it’s only a teeny bit. The zucchini rocks, too. Good eats.
Do you sneak unsuspecting ingredients into your eggs or do push ups off of your countertop too? Then let’s be friends.