Healthy Portable Snacks & Trainer Link Market Testing

12 Apr

In case you missed it, sign up now to be one of Trainer Link’s first clients! We’ll give you the VIP treatment as we work to find you the personal trainer that will help you achieve your fitness goals. Now, onto today’s post :)

——————-

A friend of mine came over yesterday for a training session, and after our awesome sweat attack was over, we sat down to talk nutrition. As we went through her eating regiment, she talked about her snacks that consisted of half a bag of baby carrots, or a piece of fruit or granola bar. These are the types of snacks people who start a new diet or weight loss plan immediately gravitate towards–very low calorie items. And while these are all perfectly fine foods to be eating (depending on the sugar content of that granola bar), there’s one missing link to make these snacks truly effective: protein + a weeeee bit o’ fat.

When I think of snacks, I try to think of them as mini meals. If you’re eating because you’re hungry, then it means your body needs fuel. Just because it’s an off-hour like 10:45am or 2:30pm, doesn’t mean you are relegated to a dry bag of pretzels, swedish fish, half a box of Teddy Grahams (ahh! guilty!!) or some other lame snack food. Whole, well balanced foods will fuel your body much better. What does whole mean? As close to the earth as you can get–think fruits, veggies, legumes, etc. Not only will your body get the benefits of the vitamins and minerals found in those foods, it will also allow you to “float” into your next meal rather than make a running dive for that taco special and scarf it down as fast as possible. Why? Because they will keep you satiated for a much longer period of time, i.e. two hours vs. 30 minutes.

So what types of foods can my friend add into her snacks to make them a little more effective? Here are some options we talked through:

healthy portable snacks

Taking my own advice, I boiled a bunch of eggs last night so that I could grab them for an afternoon snack when I’m having a crazy day (which is pretty much everyday). Did I ever mention how much I love eggs? They are 70 calorie super foods and make amazing snacks all by themselves.

hard boiled eggs

After taking care of my fuel for the week, I then focused on another type of portable fuel:

Trainer Link Team

My Trainer Link team. We worked on the business at a coffee shop until 12:30am talking about how we’re going to setup our first market tests. A new website is in the making, providing a more robust preview of the product as well as an inside look at the team. Who’s pumped up?!

What fuels you throughout the day?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

17 Responses to “Healthy Portable Snacks & Trainer Link Market Testing”

1. Mike April 12, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

1) Swedish Fish are totally a legitimate snack!
    2) I agree completely, though I don’t do as good a job as I should adhering to eating whole snack foods.

I love eggs and don’t know what I’d do without them. One thing I’ll say about the superfood known as eggs is that although they are high in cholesterol, it’s not bad cholesterol that goes straight to your bloodstream.

Harvard says so: http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/egg-nutrition

So does Health.com: http://www.health.com/health/condition-article/0,,20259746,00.html

• melruns April 12, 2012 at 4:43 pm #

1) If swedish fish are legit, then so are teddy grahams
      2) I also don’t always adhere, but 80% is better than nothing!
      3) If Harvard says it, and you and I say it, it must be true ;)

2. incinerador de grasa pdf July 18, 2013 at 4:20 am #

This is really interesting, You are an overly professional
    blogger. I have joined your rss feed and sit up for looking for extra of your magnificent post.
    Also, I’ve shared your site in my social networks

3. games / gamebooks / August 18, 2013 at 3:11 am #

Would like to give yourself a large raise! After your bankroll has grown as a $5 or $10
    bettor, try $25 wagering! Does winning about $1,700 an hour appeal to you personally?

4. http://www.soveryblessed.com September 18, 2013 at 5:28 am #

Keep this going please, greaat job!

5. factor quema grasa download free October 14, 2013 at 5:17 am #

Reacting and responding will keep your body from a plateau.

If the your body fat is above 25% but below 30% (Women) or
    above 20% but below 25% ( Men) then you are overweight, you are carrying more fat around than you need or that is healthy for you and it probably means you are eating too much of the wrong foods.

It is also possible that you think you cannot stand water.

6. Laylah Mills December 9, 2013 at 7:32 pm #

I have been examinating out some of your posts and it’s pretty nice
    stuff. I will surely bookmark your blog.

7. click here January 13, 2014 at 1:23 pm #

This piece of writing presents clear idea in support of the new visitors of blogging, that really how to do running a blog.

my web page; click here

8. Summer August 27, 2014 at 8:01 am #

Howdy I am so thrilled I found your weblog, I really found you by accident, while I was browsing on Googfle for
    something else,Anyhow I am here now and would just
    like to say kudos for a marvelous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love thhe theme/design), I don’t have time to read through
    it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added
    in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back too read more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

9. Thao March 10, 2016 at 11:31 pm #

Sit down at the friendly kitchen table or enjoy your breakfast in your B&B host’s garden.

10. Amanda March 11, 2016 at 12:06 am #

There are outstanding plastic surgeons in all
    regions of the United States.

11. Small Office Space San Diego March 14, 2016 at 3:52 pm #

You can rent just a single office as little as
    100 square feet and/or a little warehouse as small as 925 square feet, you can rent two offices, 3 offices or rent the a entire floor of all offices.

12. Yukiko March 14, 2016 at 4:04 pm #

Every tiny space workspace and its occupant have various needs.
    Starting with a blank slate, however, and introducing elements
    of colour, great lighting for function and play, and purging unnecessary clutter will go a lengthy way towards producing an powerful and
    enjoyable workspace.

13. dinner cruise dubai marina March 15, 2016 at 5:54 pm #

Cruise alongside the Dubai Marina, Mina Seyahi Lagoon and Palm Jumeirah in a traditional Arabic dhow.

14. rolloff containers March 16, 2016 at 9:00 pm #

Recyclable material includes: Cardboard, glass, aluminum, paper, magazines, phonebooks, and
    plastic.

15. Guillermo April 9, 2016 at 4:32 pm #

Hi, I’m very involved in photo voltaic panels for my
    2000sq ft dwelling. I actually have an adequate roof house,
    and uncovered to loads of San Diego, CA sun. I have researched the associated fee against my electrical
    invoice, which, already is fairly low –
    about $100, and located an inventory of companies which can be beneficial by the
    electric company.

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. Fast & Furious Lunch Salad + A Tip For Overcoming Bloggers’ Writing Block | Mel Runs - April 27, 2012

[...] We’re running really low on food, but luckily, due to planning ahead inspiration from my quick healthy snack tips last week, I was able to throw something together, albeit a little odd, but it [...]