This post should’ve went up yesterday, but I just realized that it never published:
It’s been a whirlwind week and I’m very excited that it’s coming to an end. Not just because I love weekends (with a passion), or because it’s the holidays, but because I get to go home to NYC to see my fam! Wahoo!
This was the first half of my day. Holy compact-ness:
- 7am – 8: finish work project
- 8 – 8:15: make and eat breakfast (two hard-boiled eggs and a tomato. Random, I know, but I needed to finish off our produce before we left!)
- 8:30: drop Dave off at work
- 8:55: arrive at personal trainer school and take test on bio-mechanics
- 10am: arrive home, finish packing
- 10:15 – 10:45: hit the gym for a workout
- 11 – 11:15: shower
- 11:30: cab to airport
- 12pm: grab sub-par airport lunch (turkey sandwich on the thickest bread I’ve ever seen—this must be Texas—and a cup of mixed fruit)
- 12:30: blog
- 1:15: fly to NYC
I wasn’t planning on working out today because I knew my morning would be insane, but when I got home and saw how much time I had left, I decided to man up and take my own advice—there’s always time for a 12 minute workout! I did a circuit made up of all different kinds of burpees- the Burpees are Forever bodyrock workout. When I was finished, I added up all my burpees to see how many I was able to complete, and this time it was 73—and none of the push ups were from my knees! That’s a HUGE accomplishment for me. Back in May I was at 48 with half of them from my knees. My chest feels sore already.
I’ve been using the same workout book for 9 months… can you tell? Now I feel energized and ready for this day of travel ahead of me. I plan on spending my time on the plane trying to make some progress on the book I’m writing. You read that correctly, I’m writing a book! Details to come soon .
Enjoy your holidays everyone!