When I’m not running, I’m reading about other people running and wishing it was me that I was reading about. Unfortunately I haven’t lived up to my winter running expectations (well, actually, I expected this to happen..), but I’m still here thinkin’ about it. And gymmin’ it when I can even though I hate treadmills.
Instead of dwelling in my not-as-many-miles-as-i-like-to-have-a-week grinch spirit, I’d like to celebrate the blogs and other sites that keep me internally motivated. HOORAY!
- GivesMeHope this is cheesey and wonderful. I get the chills everytime I read through it, and my “big problems” feel trivial.
- AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com. please visit. it will brighten your day. sample:
- CrunchGranolaGal just posted about our awesometastic date this weekend. We’re both blog lurkers and writers and like to drink. She lives in Brooklyn, runs, and we have a lot in common. She’s kind of like my running ying, and I’m currently the non-running yang. Zen.
- HealthyTippingPoint Caitlin is honest and eats easy to make meals. That’s cool with me. And when she’s unhappy about something, she writes about it, then writes her solution. Complaints become motivation. Right on.
- lookbook. helping the world get hot, one hipster at a time.
- Hungry-Girl i’ve yet to make any recipe from this site, but check it everyday none the less.
- NoMeatAthlete runs in those weird foot gloves (that’s the technical name) and makes awesome vegetarian food. and he’s funny. Cool.
- Websites that tell me when bands are playing locally and then how they rocked it:
- Non online cheer–shoes. New purchase via blurry blackberry photo. HOT. Let’s go party in them:
- The Onion. Fake news. Brilliant:
- There are more, but who wants to read a 5 mile long blog post? I don’t. I also don’t want to write it… kidding.
What keeps you entertained? Entertain me.